Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One user not receiving e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemeintheye

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2004
US
Anyone,

I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 SP4 server in a Windows 2003 Domain. We just recently routed all SMTP traffic though our Watchgaurd firewall. Now a particular user is not getting e-mails from outside the company, or they are just arriving hours after the e-mail has been sent, however, the same e-mail when sent to another user arrives promptly. Can anyone offer any help on this issue, or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

hello

does the user have any special permissions !

I can only show the door, your the one that has to open it !

No, this users has the same permissions that the other users that received the e-mail do.

How about any DNS errors, Does you exchange server know that the machine is there. Are there some restrictions on that computer for port 25

I can only show the door, your the one that has to open it !

No, nothing like that. The workstation is setup just like everyone else. I don't quite understand why Exchange would need to know if a certain machine exists, I thought the mail was delivered to the mailbox in the information store on the server and the client just let you access the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back