Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One user does not see reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

timroop

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
I have one user (a member of HR group) that does not see the report list on the server's main page.

The user gets the page header down to the line above the bar that shows "New Folder, New Data source, etc"

Is there an Add-in or other control that I'm missing? I've pretty much convinced myself that it isn't a permissions issue as there is nothing configured to set this user apart from others in the group.

Anyone have and idea?

Tim

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

That view usually indicates a user who has access to the server but not to the home folder,

You say they are in the HR group, are you sure that group has access specificaly and that the other users don't get access via some other group.

Do you have any users or groups specifically denied access?

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by
Douglas Adams
(1952-2001)

The report server is simply a default install with only a few reports published. We have two groups (payroll, and HR). I have not denied any rights and the only permissions have been setup through the report server. Other users in the groups have no problems with retrieving the reports.

In troubleshooting, I've granted the "Doman users" group rights to the published folder on the SQL server but it did not change anything; neither did adding the user individually.

On aside, I had the user logon to another machine and the symptoms follow her so it must be some type of permissions issue.

Tim Roop
"If you can do something about it, why waste time getting upset? If you can't do anything about it, why bother getting upset on top of it? -Shantideva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back