Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One user Cannot Send e-mail to one specific Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRep

MIS
Feb 13, 2003
GB
I have a user who cannot send e-mail to a specific domain.

I have deleted their mailbox and recreated a new one and get the same error.

The message is always the same:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: subject
Sent: 20/04/2005 15:30

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

User Name (email@domain.it) on 204/04/2005 15:30

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=DOMAIN;l=SERVER-0504201114589Z-2049
SERV:IMS:DOMAIN:SITE:SERVER 3902 (000B09AA) Host Unknown.

the only thing I can think of is that the user is blocked on that domain, does the email go through when you email that person, or domain?

Can this user email anyone else on that domain?

I can email this person and their domain as can others in the company. Only this one user gets this error message.

I'm pretty sure that the person having this problem is blocked on the recipients domain, if possible, can you post the actual error message that this guy gets? (just remember to use a ficticious domain name and email address, you don't want someone to get a hold of the email address ans spam it, just in case)

Also, you said that you recreate the users mailbox??? did you use the same email address again? if so, try and use another one, example, add an extra letter or an extra number to his/her email address, if it goes through after that, then the user is definately blocked on that domain

Let me know how it goes buddy

Ciao
UD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back