Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One terminal will not find all the Access records....

Status
Not open for further replies.

judgehopkins

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
US
I have several computers hooked up to a server where there resides a small Access database with about 8K records.

Every single one of the computers (seven) can read every record in the database, except for one.

I have upgraded to SP2, etc.

I am not sure where to look or even if I have told you enough info.

Thanks for any help.

“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

I had a similar problem once. It turned out that a user had made a copy of my database and put it on their desktop, thinking they were creating a shortcut. To check, right click on the icon and make sure it is a shortcut and not a database.

The user is clicking on the icon for the database on the server.

“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back