Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one site - two merchant accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriszti

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
US
I have a site that sells a product (giftcard) and premium membership types. My client just asked me to add a second online credit card merchant to augment authorize.net. We expect a high return rate, and authorize.net frowns on a high level of refunds so my client wants to toggle the transactions between two cc merchants.

My programmer who implemented this is no longer on the project, so I'm turning to this forum to ask if what my client wants is even possible.

Thanks,

Kriszti

It is really not Authorize.net who frowns on Credit Transactions as much as the merchant account processor. Sometimes doing a high rate of returns could mean a potentially fraudulent business, but as long as your chargebacks remain in check, you should not have a problem with having just one merchant accont.

My Merchant Account Blog | Toll-Free Numbers | Expression Web Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back