Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One record per page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

losesoul

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
US
When I run a report it spreads each record on a different page. What setting do I need to change to show all records on one page?

losesoul
These are some things to check...
1. Set the height of the Detail section so that you just have enough for one record.
2. If you have any sorting and grouping, make sure that you aren't forcing a new page after each record.
3. If you have a group footer, make sure that you aren't forcing a new page after each section.

Tom

Where do you check to see if it is forcing a new page, "under Properties"?

losesoul
If you have any group footer, check the properties for that footer, and make sure the "Force New Page" is set to None.

If you need to post back, let me know whether or not you have any sorting and grouping levels set, and if so what they are.

Tom

I checked the properties for the detail and footer group and the Skip to next page is set to "None"

The only grouping item I see, is under properties "Grp keep together" is set at Per Column. The other options is "Per Page", but it doesn't change anything when I choose that. Also Date Group is set at Use System Settings. I don't know what those are used for. There is nothing under Sorting and Grouping.

Do you have any other suggestions?

losesoul
The Properties to which you refer (Date Group, use System Settings, etc.) are for the entire form. They won't affect what you are concerned about.

I'm a little confused. You say there is "nothing under Sorting and Grouping" and yet you indicate there is "footer group." By that, I'm assuming you mean the report footer. Correct?

Have you scrunched up the Detail section so that there is only room for the controls you have in that section?

Tom

No, It was only a page footer.
I'm sorry I thought you meant that it shouldn't be scrunched. It works now.
Thanks, I have just been thrown into access. I am just feeling my way around. I don't really know what everthing is.

losesoul
Something got lost in the interpretation, I guess.

When I said, in my first reply, "Set the height of the Detail section so that you just have enough for one record" what I meant was to scrunch it up (drag the bottom up) so there was only room for the controls in the section.

In any event, glad you have it working. Good luck with the rest of the project.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back