Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Phone Cannot Call Some External Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidshq

MIS
Jan 3, 2011
US
Hi All,
I have a strange problem. One of the phones at our organization can make some calls to external numbers but not to others. Other phones however can make the same call successfully.
Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken so far:
1. Used AFRS and set TN: 1, RT: 31, NPC: 71xxxxxx, OPR: 7
2. Used ASCL and set TN: 1, STN: xxxx, TEC: 12, RSC: 1, SFC: 1
3. Used AATC and set TN: 1, DC: xxxx, ACR: Restricted, RSC: 7, SFC: 1
Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Thanks,
Dave Mackey

Ok so this is either a 2400 or an SV8500 and appears you are using Auth codes/Forced Account Codes to allow access to certain long distance numbers. AFRS in your example goes to OPR 7 which i do not see what OPR 7 (AOPR) is doing what route that is going out.
I see your PHONE is set for RSC 1 in ASCL Yet in AATC you are using RSC 7 and it is restricted. What does RSC 1 look like in the AATC for the DC(Digit Code of the Auth Code).

The phone that works what is the ASCL for that and are you using an auth code for that phone as well? If you are use that same auth code for the phone that does not work. Does it now work? then look at the AATC of the auth code that works and copy how the RSC is set to the phone that does not work in AATC auth code. If you are not using auth codes... Then you will need to look at ARSC not AATC for the route that AOPR is using. Also, ADTP will most likely come into play if using Toll Restriction. I hope this answers some of your question.

I guess i just wonder if you are using AUTH codes or not if you are that AUTH code will work from ANY phone. Look at AACL of the phone that works. then AATC of the Phone that works make sure they are set up identical EXCEPT the actual AUTH code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back