Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One parameter or all of the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dond12

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
I am having a terrible time with a problem that should be a no-brainer. I have a paramter with six choices. Each choice corresponds to a particular program officer. The logic is as basic as it gets: Select one set of initials, and you see only the results for which the field PO contains that particular program officer's initials.

However, I would also like to give the user the opportunity to run the report for ALL program officers. So the seventh choice is "All Program Officers." Simple, right?

I then set up a statement in the select expert as follows:

select {?PO}
case "AA" : {form.PO} = "AA"
case "BB" : {form.PO} = "BB"
case "CC" : {form.PO} = "CC"
case "DD" : {form.PO} = "DD"
case "EE" : {form.PO} = "EE"
case "FF" : {form.PO} = "FF"
case "All POs" : {form.PO} = {form.PO}

It looks as if it SHOULD work, but it doesn't. Any suggestions. What is the obvious thing I am doing completely wrong?

Why don't you take the "All POs" out of the case statement altogether... then if you pick "all", the field won't even need to be evaluated.

The other thing I do a lot is use "like" and pass in the parameter "*" (and alias it to "All POs").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back