Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one page printed as two

Status
Not open for further replies.

inanna

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
GB
How come when I send a report that is fed by an input form out to the printer it prints the report but then a blank page? I notice that there are indeed two pages to the report (which answers my own question!) but there should only be one... as far as I can see page sizes etc. are set correctly

So I suppose the question is how do I make the report realise its only one page long?

Thanks in advance
Inanna

Do you have a large form/report page header/footer with nothing on it, because this would lead to blank pages... James Goodman

Thanks for the reply....I checked the header and footer and they are very short in fact the footer is printed properly at the base of the first page.

Any other thoughts???

Margins.....check for margins + detail width exceeding the width of the paper.

PaulF

Are there any subforms or subreports, which have their can-grow property to true? This one got me a few months back... James Goodman

Thankyou everyone for the replies ... it was indeed the margins this time but I will definately keep everyone elses suggestions in mind for the future as I am sure I will come across them all one day, the can-grow property sounds fascinating :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back