Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one or more wireless networks are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannothandle

Technical User
May 14, 2003
PH
how do i resolve this?? when try to connect, it brings me back to one or more wireless networks are available

Under XP Wireless Zero Configuration, take your network and add it from 'Available' to the 'Preferred' box on your Wireless Network screen.

If using wireless client software that comes from the adapter card manufacturer, you set the default Profile for your network SSID, WEP settings, etc.

ok so this is what youre going to do.....
try to do the ff:

1. change the channel to 1 on the router
2. change the ssid on the router and automatically connect on the computer..if you will see the new SSID on the available networks...if not go to the advanced button and then add that SSID on the preffered networks...
3. enable WEP on the wireless networks

"imagination is more important than knowledge."

I had this problem on an XP box with a WPM11 card. The solution was this:
1. use msconfig disable the wireless zero configuration service
2. remove the WPM11 driver
3. reboot and let XP automatically redetect and reinstall the driver
4. install the Linksys utility (instead of the wireless zero config service)

Let me correct my earlier post on this thread. (I posted as "Gantthead" on 22 Jun 03. I forgot my handle and had to re-register.)

The four steps I specified did NOT solve my problem in the end. It worked only until the next warm reboot, after which the problem resurfaced. After much discussion with Linksys, I eventually returned the Linksys PCI card to the store and took a Microsoft USB WiFi adapter in exchange.

I would have preferred a D-Link PCI WiFi card or something similar, but the store only carried Linksys PCI WiFi cards, Linksys USB adapters and Microsoft USB adapters. BTW, the Linksys USB adapter had the exact same problem on my PC as the Linksys PCI card had.

The Microsoft USB WiFi adapter is not my first choice, but at least it is an effective resolution to the stubborn Linksys PCI problem on my XP box.

Hello cannothandle,

I would suggest you to enable the WEP on both the router and the card to 64 Hex.

Change the SSID and channel to 11.

If you are using G router, set the transmission rate to 11 instead of auto.

This should solve your problem.

[pc2]unchecked the IEEE 802.1X on the wireless connection properties>>advanced tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back