Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One more........

Status
Not open for further replies.

buh

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am having report which show all the pending activities and completed activities for a particular user
Pending activities means from taking from Pending table.
Completed activities means from taking from Completed table.
We are not maintaining the status for Pending or Status.
I have created two sub-report for pending and completed activities. I put the pending sub-report in (details a) section and completed sub-report in (details b) section.When I view the sub-report individually, it shows what i want. But when i run from main report.I starts from the second page for a particular user. I don't know what is happening. Is it the problem i put in two detail section.

Any help

Please very urgent..

Regards,
Buhari

How many detail lines per user in the main report?
You may want to group by user and put these in the group header. Do you want the subreports side by side, or one after another? It may be trying to keep the subreports from splitting over the page break. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

The main report is having the same table as Pending Subreport.Because I can only get user either from the Pending table or Completed table.

get rid of the Pending Subreport and put the details that you would normally get from that subreport in DetailA and leave the completed subreport in Detail(b) but linked to the main report by the {Pending.userid}

ie...the {pending.userid} of the main report is linked to {completed.userID} in the subreport.

that should work
Jim

JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Actually I think Jim meant to put the subreport in the Group Header, so that you get pending details from the main report, and once per group (user) you get details from the subreport. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

thanks Ken...yes...either the header or footer whichever makes more sense...not the detail for sure. Jim

JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back