Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One more NT Logic 10 question....electronic or bell ringer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLSbutton

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
US
Did the later models of the 1a2 Logic have an electronic ringer or a bell ringer? The earlier models had some type of volume nozzle on the front of the phone, what was that for? I assume the Logic sets came out around the same time as the similar Q SL-1 series phones?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

None of the Logic 10 or Logic 20 key telephone sets had electronic ringers. They all had C4A ringers just like 2500 sets. They are designed for the 1A2 KTS. That knob near the front of some Logic 10 or 20 phones is not a "nozzle" lol! It does not run on water!! The "knob" operates a switch for the headset jack equipped versions. You also can push the knob for flashing the line. So the Logic sets you have that have the "knob" should have a set of jacks on the side of the phone for a headset. The Logic set design was used for the electronic sets of the original SL1 PBX, and the SL1 console used the same design, if I recall. I believe the Logic style sets and the SL1 PBX were introduced in the 1970s. All my old NT documentation and practices are buried in a box that is not accessible at the moment, otherwise I could verify this further...

Hope this helps!
....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back