Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One extension will not log in properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChaun

Technical User
May 12, 2008
US
When i try to log in extension 3506 it will log in and look like everything is normal but when you press any key on the phone you get an error tone. This happens no matter where i try to log the phone in. I have tried removing and recreating the extension (including VM) both by duplicating a working extension and creating from scratch, replaced cabling, replaced phone, ran find and remove from SA. This is on a 9640 phone. I added the extension as a bridged appearance on another line and it works. Server is running release: S8800-015-02.1.016.4. I'm at a loss and would appreciate any other suggestions.

maybe "list trace ras ip-station 3506" to see the registration messages when it craps out?

The only thing I know of that can actually change the security code is the "My Phone" admin stuff in the Utility Server - if that could at all be involved.

Try a reset system 4?

I remember the same issue years ago and the fix was exactly as Joesena stated, give that a try, delete 3506, add sta next, assighn a new extension to it then save and then add your station 3506 back and retest.

If that works then it looks like it was a data corruption issue as stated earlier.

no luck on Joesena's solution. deleted, saved, added new station with new extension, saved, recreated 3506 from scratch, saved, tried logging in and same results.

I have Avaya looking in to the issue at this point. I want to see if they can see the corruption before I reboot. Thankfully the user is understanding.

Ok your decision , let us know what they come up with ,

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

OK so I didn't have to bounce the server to fix the issue. The corruption was in the phone backup file on the HTTP server. made sure the ext wasn't logged in anywhere, renamed the file 3506_96xxdata.txt.old, logged the phone back in and BAM! it's working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back