Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one extension voice mail not answering 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanpell

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
US
I have one extention where the voice mail msg has been recorded but it will not pick up when the user is already on this extension. all the other extensions are able to do this.

You need to tell the phone system that there is a mailbox to cover to when the extension doesn't answer.

From the main phone:

Menu
System Program
Exit (or Start)
Extensions
More (or Right Arrow)
Group Coverage
Enter
The Extension Number that doesn't cover to voice mail
Enter
Home (or Exit)

If that doesn't do it, it may not be group 30, but that is the most common one used for voice mail.

Okay, thanks that worked on the voice mail picking up... now I have another extension where the voice mail always picks up, never giving the user an opportunity to answer their own phone. How do I fix this? thank you.

Under what circumstances? You dial the extension number from another phone, and the VM picks up instantly, or only when transferred from the auto attendant?

I feel so silly.... the DND light was on. duh. thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back