Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Extension DN two Mailbox MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

delladiaz

Technical User
Jan 29, 2015
US
I have an employee that needs to be notified when messages are being left on two separate voice mail boxes via the AA. Is t possible to have two different virtual Mailbox numbers and when a message is left the MWI on the set lights for both? I seem to remember that this is possible with the General Delivery and the DN of the set? It seems that this was actually a problem when both are set and the General Delivery is taking messages but no one knows and the MESSAGE FOR YOU or Lamp stays lite even when the users checks and clears their personal Mailbox for their personal DN?

Oh the reason I mentioned that is because that may actually be the answer for me but I can not remember how to set this up? Any suggestions on how to solve this for the user?

Thanks!

Only one mailbox per phone.
The light is for only one mailbox.

For General Delivery with one receptionist you can change the name of the gen mailbox and record "You have reached Jane Blow at the general mailbox..."

Or do as like for sales reps.
Create a guest mailbox and setup Off Prem notify and have it call their cell.....or call the other sales reps phone.

Or setup Message Forwarding through email instead of using Off Prem Notify - requires Desktop/Unified messaging key code.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back