Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one digit dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zardari42

MIS
Mar 28, 2009
PK
Hi, it is Option 11c rls 4.0. I need to set one digit dialing on a particular analog extension. I mean if he press 1 call shud hit particular number, if he press 2 call hits another number so on. Due to some reason i cannot use Pretranslation on that particular extension. Is there another way to program one digit dialing beside pretranslation and it should be one digit dialing no FFC code.
Regards

You could hotline the phone to a voice menu that has the 1-digit choices you want.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Hi GH, Thanks for helping...Is there any other way to setup 1 digit dialing, i mean pressing any digit from 1 to 9 and call should hit specific extension beside Voice menu and pretranslation option?
Thanks

Well, if the digit range isn't being used, you could build phantoms that are one-diit DN length and DCFW them to the desired "real" number.

My assumption is you have no one-digit DNs remaining in the system - that pretty much leaves you with no 1-digit dialing unless youy use PreTrans, Voice Menu, or resort to making HOT D keys (which is one step/one button operation, but isn't part of the dial)

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

I would by a phoneset that allows you to store numbers under the keys. In the same way you can store Quick dials on Cell Phones.

Most home based DECT phones allow this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back