Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One button to Voicemail after phone is ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelefonGuy

Vendor
Jun 12, 2007
US
I have the owner of the company wanting one button control of forwarding a ringing call to voicemail on option 81. I can't find anything. Forward does not work on ringing call. They don't want to answer then transfer, just send it to voicemail. In saying that, they don't want to wait for it to forward on the no answer timer either. If anyone knows of a way I would appreciate it.

Global Plugin 207 provides that functionality assuming you are on 5.0 or higher.

I have not tried it, but what about either a make busy (msb)or not ready key (nrd)

MSB or NRD prevent the incoming call from ringing at all. What was requested is the ability to redirect a ringing incoming call to voice mail - i.e. a screening mechanism.

So msb or nrd on the fly (call comes in, is ringing, they push either button)wouldn't work, sort of like a dnd button on a norstar?

it would work for the next call, but not an existing call that is ringing

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

The Global Plugin which I indicated works as follows:
- incoming call is ringing on a set
- press the CFW key once when the set is ringing
- the incoming call is diverted to the CFW DN that was stored against the CFW key. If no CFW DN is stored, the call is redirected to what would be used for CFNA. CFW is NOT activated for subsequent calls.

Cool that's good to know. Shame it just doesnt come with a rls though

I tried to hit the forward button while it was ringing and no response.. ??

Read the post closer:

gwebster said:
Global Plugin 207 provides that functionality assuming you are on 5.0 or higher.

That means "You need Global Plugin 207" which you do not have. If you did, the functionality would be there.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back