Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

one button push to forward an ext to a cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhervig

Vendor
Jul 13, 2007
US
Hey, I have replaced a Bizphone with a CICS and a star talk flash. The bizphone was programmed so that if the business owner hit a button on his extension it would forward all his calls to his cell phone. he obviously wants at least the same functionality as the bizphone and I assured him that the Norstar was an upgrade and would do anything and everything the bizphone could only better. Then Im onsite and I cant figure out how to do it!! I can get all calls to redirect but thats on ALL ext. I just need his ext to forward outside. And if I can make it happen with him only having to push a single button or two to initiate it that would be really good. Any of you guys done this before? Thanks.

Needs 2 key strokes. One is CFW and the other programmed as an external auto-dial to his cell number. The phone has to be programmed to alow re-direct, you may have to include a line pool code in the digit string if the set is prime to i/c, and his i/c can be the only ringing line on the phone because all ringing lines will be forwarded.

Thank you, thank you Sprucegrover, I will try this on Monday.

How To Externally Call Forward a Phone:
You must have at least 4.1 software to execute this feature.

Build a Route
Services – Show
Ringing Service – Next to
Routing Service – Show
Routes – Show
Show Route: 001 – Show
Dialout: No Numbr – Leave alone – Next
Use: ( ) – Change to Pool you want it to use. (Pool A)
DN Type: Public

Build a Destination Code:
Routing Service – Show
Routes – Next
Dest Codes – Show
Show destcode: - Add
DstCode: (enter code) – OK
Normal: 000 – Change to route built – Show
AbsorbLength: ALL
Don’t have to worry about Night schedule etc.

Make sure the phone has Allow Redirect set to Yes and that you’ve allowed it access to the line pool you’re using.

Then do as Sprucegrover said, "Needs 2 key strokes. One is CFW and the other programmed as an external auto-dial to his cell number."

Button 1 - Call Forward Button or Feature 4
Button 2 - External autodial destination code + phone number.

All calls that ring on the phone will be forwarded! All calls, including IC calls. So if you want one particular line to be forwarded but not others, simply program ONLY that line to appear & ring on the set.

P.S. I copied and pasted the above info from FAQs. Check it out!

So, in this config, will the staff be able to answer a incoming line(line1), transfer it to his extension(24) and then it would pick up a line from the pool and dial out externally?

YES, You got it. I did it last week and it worked perfect.

did this today and it worked like a champ. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back