Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Button Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

gattman

Technical User
Nov 14, 2001
US
Is there a way to program a button on a phone to do the following.
While on a phone call press one button and... Initiate a conference call, dial an external number, then complete the conference.

We have a group of people that will always be conferencing in the same line for transaction approvals while on the phone with a clinet. We want to try and make it as easy as possible so our account managers can do the conferece with a single button.

on an Avaya CM system there is a "no hold conference" button but can't find the same on IP office.

do you have VM Pro?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

it would be doable in VM Pro - but via a menu - a single button to dial into the AA

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

But would you still need to press conf or put the caller on hold first? Or could you just press that button to do all of that?

While on a call pres the conf button, dial the number and press it again.
How hard can this be?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpete yes you are correct it is easy (I have myself made that point in my company) but when the CEO wants "one" button I have to try and do what he wants or at least exhaust all of my options before I say can't be done. It is for compliance reasons and we need to try and avoid our client account managers accidentally hanging up on our clients who are investing $20 million+ with our bank and don't take kindly to hangups. So we are trying to make it as fool proof as possible.

You cannot change this way.
Transfer works the same way although there is a possibility to use OTT (one touch transfer)

Build dummy users which are forwarded to shortcodes for conference meet me.
Then press transfer and the user.

Perhaps it will work fine.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back