Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Button Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

gattman

Technical User
Nov 14, 2001
US
Is there a way to program a button on a phone to do the following

While on a phone call press one button and...

Initiate a conference call, dial an external number, then complete the conference.

We have a group of people that will always be conferencing in the same line for transaction approvals while on the phone with a clinet. We want to try and make it as easy as possible so our account managers can do the conferece with a single button.

Thanks,
Jeff

‘no hold conference’ needs to added to your IP phone. Then when you’re on a call and you need to conference someone in, simply press no hold conference and dial the number.

Phoneguy55 - Thanks for the reply that helps and may be a solution but I need to try and get it to a single button. Which I'm pretty sure is impossible but I have to at least check.

Is there a way to program a button to do the "no hold conf" and dial a speed dial at teh same time?

I think you can only make it two buttons minimum. One button for 'nhc' and then the button above it for the speed dial of the number.

'Knows enough to be dangerous. Wait... make that really dangerous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back