Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

onDemand + TSM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use this, and use a worm-device for archiving our invoices.A collegue of mine is responsible for the management of this environment,I'll talk to him on monday and hope to get some more info

rgds,

R.

Hehe, thanks RMG!

Ask him, how TSM interfaces with onDemand? I still can't figure out why and how it does!

So far, I checked out the config files in Ondemand, and the path to the tsm server is within the config files of ondemand (it's in /usr/lpp/ars/...) .It was setup in our company by an IBM engineer from France, who spent about 4 days trying to get it to work,so it certainly isn't easy.As this has been a while( about 7 years ), nobody really remembers exactly how it has been done, but my boss was there also when it was installed, with some luck he still has some documents or info related to the ondemand setup.When I have news, I'll let you know !

rgds,

R.

RMG:

Start deserved! I run the same ars thing too...and use optical platters.

This piece of software is somewhat complicated! It uses DB2, onDemand, and TSM!

Also, where can you get the install CD for this? I would like to install this on a test system, to further understand it....

I worked on an IBM account that used TSM and ondemand for check imaging. There is a OnDemand API that talks to TSM. Much like the API's for the oracle and sql TDP solutions for TSM.

McLean:

Do you know where I can download the onDemand portion? FOr AIX, Linux (or even Windows, I am getting desperate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back