Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Onclick Visible form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjames1

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am constructing an access database just to store server information for our network. I am using just 1 table which holds all the information, the problem I am having is that a field in my table is a yes\no selection box. I also have another field which is related to the yes\no box and is a a file path.

What I need is when the yes box is ticked the file path option is enabled, if the tick box is not ticked then it remains invisible on the form...

Looks like I might need a SUB... any help would be good...

Use the Current Event of the form and the After Update event of the checkbox. Add code to each, say:

[tt]Me.txtFilePath.Visible=Me.chkYesNo 'True[/tt]

Can you expand on that a bit. I.e, where abouts in Acces do I need to do this?

ta

As I said "Use the Current Event of the form and the After Update event of the checkbox." To do this, open the form in design view and open the property sheet, the form and each control has its own set of properties, as do other parts of the form. You will find the various events. To see examples of events, you can use the wizard, or you can look at the Northwind sample database that is shipped with all versions of Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back