Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OnClick - load asp page....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudseven

Programmer
Mar 16, 2003
CA
hi all, I have a simple question here. I'm playing around with javascript and using an onclick even where when clicked, triggers a layer containing an iframe[index.asp].
right now my layer shows...but it asks me whether to open or save my asp page. Why is that alert coming up? And plus my asp page doesn't show up. I know my javascript is correct because I'd checked with a normal html page. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You need a ASP engine running under a Web Server to execute the ASP page. Otherwise the browser/server just thinks your trying to download a file like with a .zip file etc.

does that help?
-pete

hey there, for some reason it works now. *slightly confused* I didn't change anything to my web server either. Anyway, thanks for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back