Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

on text change call function

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB3K

Programmer
Jul 16, 2004
GB
Hi, how would you go about calling a function when the text in an textbox has been changed??

e.g. tb called score, call a function which adds the score in the textbox after its changed??

im on MX 2004

Any ideas??

Regards,

Martin

Computing Help And Info:

TextField.onChanged
Availability
Flash Player 6.

Usage
TextField.onChanged

Parameters
None.

Returns
Nothing.

Description
Event handler; invoked when the content of a text field changes. By default, it is undefined; you can define it in a script.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

how would you be able to call the function if the text was changed dynamically??

e.g. text field changed to 1 dynamically, call function to do something??

Regards,

Martin

Computing Help And Info:

oldnewbie gave you the answer

mytext.onChanged = function(){
//do something
}

onchanged is triggered whenever the value of the text box is altered

I have tried loading the images into the datagrid but I can't get the images to load on the first time. After the datagrid has been loaded and I refresh the datagrid the images will finally come in. I'm having trouble getting the images to load when the datagrid displays on the first time load. I think I have to use something other than the renderer to do this. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back