Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Mouse Event Grayed Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa902

Technical User
Feb 16, 2001
US
Im doing a tutorial on a simple animated button and when it gets to the part where Im supposed to add an "On mouse event" the on mouse event agtion is grayed out. So I begin playing around and its always grayed out. Ive used it before-what am I missing? I'm using Flash 5 by the way but its doing it in 4 too -thanks

hi

have you checked the OVER frame of the mouse. When you say "the on mouse event is greyed out" do you mean when you put the mouse over the button?

dave davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hi

have you checked the OVER frame of the button. When you say "the on mouse event is greyed out" do you mean when you put the mouse over the button?

dave davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're probably trying to set your actions on the frame in the timeline and not right-clicking your button, going to "that" Actions, where the "on mouse..." would be accessible and not grayed out!

;-)

What i meant is that the option for On Mouse Event -s grayed out -Old newbee I didn't quite get your reply -I dont see anything when I right click -there is another actions option but that leads me to the same thing. This really can't be that difficult -someone please explain this to me

RIGHT-CLICK YOUR BUTTON ON STAGE... NOT THE FRAME ON THE TIMELINE!
IN THE WINDOW THAT COMES UP... SELECT ACTIONS!
THE ON MOUSE EVENT WILL BE AVAILABLE THERE! NOT IF YOU DOUBLE-CLICK ON THE FRAME ON THE TIMELINE.

With Flash 4, it's the same! Right-click your button on stage. One more step in 4 in the window that comes up-> Properties->Actions!

;-)

Oh! And in Flash 5... It's "on" alone, not "on mouse event".
If it still grayed out after doing what I'm saying here, it's probably that the behavior of your graphic is not set to button!

;-)

yeah, ignore what I said, I didn't get what you were saying, Old got it in one. davdesign@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or, if you have your actions floater already open, just click on the button you want to put an action on. The 'On mouse event' option will change to black as you select your button. And away you go.... ----------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit for some banging new music from DJ Cumback (ME!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back