Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

on-line exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuttle2

MIS
Aug 8, 2001
US
I am looking for assistance to develop an online testing program...I have been able to create a front end in Access that will allow the user to enter his/her responses to questions but I am not able to get Access to grade the exam. Is there an easy wat to do this?

Thanks,

Mark Tuttle

Hi there,
I think the easiest way to do this is to make your answers multiple choice or true/false types. Then you could use option groups and assign a value to each answer whereby access could calculate a numeric grade for the test.

Hope this helps :)

Jelloshot1,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my request. What I have set up is multiple choice and true/false. The use of option buttons allow for the easy entry of Reponses to the question. What I want is for Access to auto grade the responses. Over the course of the past few days I have been able come up with a solution using the IFF function. It goes something like this...

Iff([inputA]<>[AnswerA],-1,0)

This expression is placed in a field of a query and it makes a comparison between input and answer then assigns a value of -1 if the expression is true and 0 if false. All the -1 then can be added and subtracted from the total number of question to generate a grade.

You wouldn't have and idea on how to get Access to auto e-mail grades back to respondents would you?

Thanks,
Tuttle2

Hiya Tuttle2,

Wish I could help you with the auto e-mail, but that is really beyond me. Possibly with some code it could be done. Hopefully someone else out there can help you with that.

Hi JeloShot1

I reply to sending e-mail in access

I spent a lot of time looking into this.
if you are useing microosoft exchange it's no problem.
use the SendObject object it simple to figure out.

if you use Notes and the admins have MAPI turn off Good luck.
sample code from help file
Code:
DoCmd.SendObject acSendTable, _
                &quot;Employees&quot;, _
                acFormatXLS, _
	        &quot;Nancy Davolio; Andrew Fuller&quot;,_
                &quot;Joan Weber&quot;, , _
	        &quot;Current Spreadsheet of Employees&quot;, , False
[\code]

Good luck
Kyle Gaynor

Status