Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

on last record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drus

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
Problem:
I have a subreport in footer "a" and a large footer in footer "b". When the report exceeds one page, my page footer (where it says, "continued") does not show. I know that the reason for this is that I have a conditional suppress on the page footer section as follows:

OnLastRecord OR
({@Invoice Number}+{AR_21CrystalInvoiceHeader.InvoiceHeaderSeq})<>
(Next({@Invoice Number})+Next({AR_21CrystalInvoiceHeader.InvoiceHeaderSeq}))

The logic behind the above formula says &quot;if the last record shows on the current page, then there is no need to say 'continued' since only the footer is on the second page&quot;. However, I need the logic to say, &quot;if the end of the footer &quot;b&quot; is on the current page, then there is no need to say 'continued' since there cannot possibly be another page after the footer - it is the end of the report.&quot;

Hope this makes sense.

&ru

For supression of &quot;continued&quot;, use :

pagenumber = totalpagecount

Reebo
Scotland (Sunny with a Smile)

Thank you so much. Where can I learn these tricks?

&ru

Looks like it did not work completely. I see the logic in what you were attempting to do with &quot;pagenumber = totalpagecount&quot;; however, these are invoice forms. There may be 20 invoices in a batch. Therefore, the page number may never equal the total page count. Currently, the page number resets to &quot;1&quot; whenever the next page is a different invoice number. Any more suggestions?

&ru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back