Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On-hook voltage, 012 and 016 modules, and phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6ber

Technical User
Dec 13, 2003
US
Could someone tell me what the on-hook voltages for the 012 and 016 modules should be. I checked my 012 and it's about 20.

The reason I'm asking is that I have a Panasonic Cordless phone/answer machine (KX-TC1890B) that's a few years old. This phone thinks that anything below 25 or 30 volts or so should blink the line leds to show the line is on hold. I have a Uniden that works correctly.

1) Is my 012 running low on the on-hook voltage?
2) Does the 016 have the same voltage.
3) Is Panasonic "On-hold" check just screwed up.

My bet is on #3.

Not sure about the voltage off the top of my head but... Did you plug the cordless into a regular phone line to see if the problem persists?

Oh yes, and in fact it was on a real POTS line until I installed the system. I'll have to find my "Standards" book and check to see what the "standard" voltage range is but I'm betting that Panasonic test is too high. Still knowing what the open loop voltage should be on the two cards will still help.

The 012 puts out about 22 volts.

The 016 about 36.

The old Bell System T&R Standard Line was 48 Volts.

So, some things may or may not work with these Legend Modules.

Hey merlinman, what about an 008opt? Just out of curiosity.

I think (but I always say, "Thinkin' won't get it, you gotta' know...") it is close to 48 Volts, but I do not have one to measure.

If you have access to AVAYA Tier 3, They can tell you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back