Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On-Hold Timer?? BCM400 R3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RasFada

Technical User
Jan 18, 2005
US
All BCM Teks,

One of our BCMs [BCM400 R3.6] is Transfering calls put on hold using the 'Hold' button to the operator. Typically calls are put on hold in excess of 3 mins. by which time callers are reporting that they get transferred to the operator.

Is there a programmable On Hold timer I can change, or what parameter/s need changing to keep calls at the DN attending the call?

Would making the Control Set = Own DN be the fix?

Please advise

Bryan Nunez
Telecom Tech/Contractor

Thank you, Acewarlock. Is it under Timers, because I don't think I saw anything that allowed me to program On Hold timer.

Bryan Nunez
Telecom Tech/Contractor

Under General settings
feature setting
Held Line reminder
OFF, Immedite, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 or 180 sec

I believe that the held timer feature reminds you that an external call at your telephone is still on Hold. You periodically hear two tones from your telephone until you take the call off Hold.
Note: These tones can be heard by the caller.

The issue that Ras Fada is explaining is at my office. When the front desk transfers an external call to an ext, and the reciever places the calls on hold after 3mins or so the calls are being transfered right back to the front desk. We have extended all known timers that the system has, we have changed the control sets to reflect the ext., we have compared eachothers systems to reflect the same settings. We are out of resolutions!!!!!

Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

Check your Transfer Callback setting, see how many rings it is set for.

Has anyone found a solution to this?? It seems that even when I turn the transfer callback "off" and extend all timers (park, page, etc.) to the max, calls will only stay on hold for 3 minutes.

Does anyone know a way to have calls stay on hold indefinitely?? I understand if this is by design, but I cannot find it documented anywhere, and the client is asking to extend the hold time indefinitely.

Thanks.
Elise Levine

Turn off held line reminder.Or take the prime off of the lines. Its reverts bach to prime when on hold if it appears on the prime set.

OK, I have found the answer.....

You must give this phone the capability "autohold"="y". This feature keeps it from hanging up on the call when you press FLASH 2.

Once you do this, you can make a conference call as the documentation provides, that is

Make or answer the 1st call
Press FLASH 2 (puts call on hold & gives dialtone)
Make the second call
Press FLASH * 3 (the regular conference feature)

Thanks all.

Elise Levine

One solution that may work for you is if you instruct your people who wish this not to happen to them is to have the use exclusive hold. By pressing the feature key first and then the hold key, the call will remain held on their set indefinitely and will not go back to prime.

I am having the same problem at one of my sites. Did anyone find a solution to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back