Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Hold Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I am pretty sure the answer is no, but can you have a BCM 50 system answer a line automatically for you and place the caller on hold with a recorded message while waiting for the employee to answer. I know this sounds like a queue in a call centre but is there any work around in the voice mail.

To the best of my knowledege, it can't be done without call center activated.

You could get the caller to press 0 to get connected or use park and page overhead. Its not as tidy as you want to achieve but its a work around.

0 Could always connect to a hunt group if that helps, or (this is starting to get outside my experience range) you could set up a park and page zone just for that user, but it depends how many zones you need for other purposes.

BTW call centre is a great utility and well worth the expense because it has multiple uses in all scenarios. Just learnt about transferring to a skillset from a ccr menu (dah! how long did it take me to work that out!).

Thanks guys. Thats what i was thinking. I just don't think the customer will pay for the expense of call center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back