Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ON HOLD ALERTING 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a group that is wanting me to set up some sort of on hold threshold for them. They would like to have their phone start ringing again or some sort of audible alert at that phone after a call has been placed on hold for 2 minutes. I am running a G3r v8. Is their something that I can put in place that will do this?

Thanks for your relies, Mikey. If you find any mistakes, please consider that they are there for a purpose. And everyone needs a purpose.
Hope this helps, Mikey.

Setup a hunt group with a queue. You can assign the thresholds required on the hunt group form. Then program a queued calls button on the agents phones. This will beep when the threshold is breached.

You could also setup VuStats to be on the agent's screens showing them how many calls are currently in queue, etc.

The queued calls button and VuStats will show how many callers/how long calls have been waiting before being answered. If I understand Mikey's question correctly, his group is wanting an audible notification after the call has been answered by an agent, the agent has placed the caller on hold, and X amount of time has passed without the call being retrieved back.

In System-Parameters Features, there is a field for Long Hold Recall Timer. On r11, this is on page 5. The options are 0-999 seconds. 0 will disable the function; any other number will cause the call to ring back to the holding station after X seconds.

HOWEVER, this feature is system-wide; I don't know of any way to invoke this for just one skill/group.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

DON'T GO ALL THE WAY WITH THE HUNT-GROUP

Actually the guys at Avaya thought of this when the made the DEFINITY G3V2.

From the terminal give the following command:
change system-parameters features

Somewhere on page 5 you see the following:
Long Hold Recall Timer (seconds): X

Where X is the time you want the call to be on Hold before being reminded that it is sitting there. In your question that is 120 seconds.

After the 120 seconds have expired the phone will start ringing and the display will show hc at the end to indicate that this was a Held Call.

Just one of those handy basic PABX features that the DEFINITY has as a basic feature (try getting this from Cisco)

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Thanks all for your help. I did activate long hold recall. It is exactly what I needed. I thought about a acd hunt group, but they have two extensions. Each for a different department. As always I am in a "wait and see period" if this feature causes any unforseen problems. If you find any mistakes, please consider that they are there for a purpose. And everyone needs a purpose.
Hope this helps, Mikey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back