Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

* on F6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattusas

Programmer
Nov 11, 2001
TR
Greetings

One or two tables have a (*) on F6 when we reorgchk command on our database..

We have 2 indexes on those tables and I always reorganize my table automatically with my specific index ...(with jhob scheduler).For this reason F4 value always resides on high levels , 98,99 ,100 etc..

Those 2 tables have huge amount of data. More than 3.000.000 rows and more than 40 columns.

What about F6? That is that remark on that? It is something about its tablespace?

Thanks your asistance ..

Salih Sipahi
Software Engineer.
City of Istanbul Turkey
s.sipahi@sahinlerholding.com.tr
turkey_clr.gif

Ties. Thanks for your response. I had read the same document before and performed these steps below:
My table is Konf.Envanter_Hareket
It has 2 indexes one is the primary key as usual and here named as PK_ENV_HAREKET
The other one is KONF.IND1_FIRMA1 which is ESSENTIAL FOR US..
The reorgchk for IND1_FIRMA1 says that F6 is 112 as a value which needes to be reorganized.
-- > Reorgchk update statistics on table konf.envanter_hareket;
Table: KONF.ENVANTER_HAREKET

KONF IND1_FIRMA1 95426 142 3 15 4883 99 81 112 --*

KONF PK_ENV_HAREKET 95426 789 3 18 95426 61 76 19 *--

After that I performed the reorg command as follows
reorg table konf.envanter_hareket index konf.ind1_firma1;
after performing it.
I reorgchk again and... here is the result ...
CREATOR NAME CARD LEAF LVLS ISIZE KEYS F4 F5 F6 REORG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table: KONF.ENVANTER_HAREKET

KONF IND1_FIRMA1 95426 142 3 15 4883 99 81 112 --*

KONF PK_ENV_HAREKET 95426 789 3 18 95426 61 76 19 *--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing changes ?? Thanks for help . Any tips would welcome.

Salih Sipahi
Software Engineer.
City of Istanbul Turkey
turkey_clr.gif

Ai,

Did you read the part about falsely reported values of F6 due to varying index length?
Is this a V7 or V8 instance?

Ties Blom
Information analyst

In fact yes. But I don't have a Varchar column used as an index. But my index has a 4 columns. That may cause a miscalculation you stated.
Note:
The ISIZE that is used to estimate the index key size is based on the average column length of the columns. Typically, it's a fairly good estimation. However, if the user has index columns that are variable length, and there are large amount of index entries whose actual size is a lot larger than the average size of the index columns, then there is a chance that F6 could be falsely reported as larger than 100.
We have version 7. With fix pack 11..( 7.2.9 )
I hoped it miscalculated I just wanted to be sure If I made something missing.
Ties: Thanks for your help..

Salih Sipahi
Software Engineer.
City of Istanbul Turkey
turkey_clr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back