Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Demand Subreport with Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

satshergill

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
GB
I have an Ondemand subreport in the detail line which is linked.

When I run the click on the link to the subreport in Crystal Reports it works fine.

However in Enterprise 8.5 I first get a "Sql error on Page/Cache Server". If I press again Then I get "Print Engine error on Page/Cache Server. If I Then try for a Third time it works and runs the subreport.

If I then click on a new link to the subreport it also works fine..

Any Ideas......????

What do you mean not a great idea

I have tried a simple report that shows 1 field from a database. Then I add a On-demand subreport with one field on it

Still the same error

Yes I have unticked save Data

Any more help or suggestions

satshergill,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having a similar problem in CE8.5.

Jason
jason.white@mirant.com

No I didn't

I simply stuck a hyperlink to the subreport

Ie make the subreport a full report in CE

Then give access via user/password

You can pass parameters to this report

The link looks something like this

"
Where 1809 is the id of the report to link to

So are you creating a hyperlink to a report in a virtual directory(unmanaged report)?

That sounds like an option. I hate it when you get used to a certain funtionality in CE and then all of a sudden that functionality is gone. I will have to implement this type of solution with ALL of our On Demand subreports.

Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back