Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Demand Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

savi

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
US
Hi,
Any one can tell me what is on demand report in Crystal enterprise 8.5 and
what is the relationship between on demand report and report instances.

Advance in Thanks

An on demand report is a subreport which doesn't execute until it's clicked.

Here's CR's definition:

On-demand subreports appear only as hyperlinks in the main report.

The actual data is not read from the database until the user drills down on the hyperlink. Only data for the on-demand subreport that is actually viewed will be retrieved from the database. On-demand subreports may also be called "real time" subreports in some cases.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Hi synapsevampire,

I did know about on demand sub reports, But I am asking on demand report in Crystal enterprise. Please tell me if you know, appreciate your answer. any way thanks for your response.

Savi,

The difference between an On Demand report, and a report instance is in the menu.

Clicking on an object gives you the option to 'View' or 'Schedule'. Selecting the View - also known as View on Demand - generates 'on-the-fly' output of the report. Users will not be given the option to change parameters which have default values prompted already from the Crystal Management Console. Additionally, a history isn't kept of reports viewed on demand, and ad-hoc page ranges cannot be printed, amongst other differences.

Scheduled reports generate report instances. These do trigger a history, and more priveleges are extended to the user, with regard to setting parameters, scheduling straight to export, and more.

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back