Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Click Event not Firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmboyEsq

Programmer
Apr 2, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm working with an Access database developed under Access 2003. I'm using 2007. I have a form, with a button. The "On Click" event has one line in it - a message box.

It doesn't work. None of my formerly working buttons seems to work. Any tips on where to start? I don't even seem to be firing the event code!

I tried a button on another form that I haven't touched -- nothing. Here's that code:

Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmGlobalPkgPartDelPrompt"
End Sub

TIA!

Stg

I can even put garbage in the click event, like asdfkjhsdfopiau and nothing happens when I click the button on the form. Arg!!!

Found it. On the advice of a friend, I went to Access Options, Trust Center, and (1st enabled all macro's - somewhat dangerous, so I undid that and just added the path of my MDB to the Trusted locations.) Sheesh. The buttons seem to work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back