Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On browser addres edit, the domain keeps changing to localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

aureliof

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2006
MX
I am using apache on my bsd server, but when i access to my php scripts (wordpress), the domain keeps changing to localhost...

i have written this on the addres bar

the index.html is displayed
then i edit the address to access the wordpress script, and add /wordpress at the end of the address

but the navigator change it to

i am using virtual host, please help me!

Off the top of my head, I'd suspect that wordpress is not set up correctly. Check the worpress options, general page. Are the 'worpress address' and 'blog address' set correctly?

Thanks for the reply but I also have mediawiki installed on the same acount and i get the same behavior.

Thanks for the responces, the code to get the domain in php have failed also on wordpress, but i have manually configured a parameter on the mediawiki php LocalSettings of mediawiki and now it runs ok!. Anyway, please take a look of the virtual host, it is my first time on a chrooted openbsd box.

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName localhost
DocumentRoot /var/ <Directory /var/ SSLRequireSSL
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster@someotherdomain.org
DocumentRoot /var/ ServerName someotherdomain.org
ErrorLog logs/someotherdomain.org.error.log
CustomLog logs/someotherdomain.org.log common
</VirtualHost>

If you change the order of your VirtualHost containers what happens? I suspect that your VirtualHosts are not working and apache is just serving the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back