Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Omit subreports if no records

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyatom13

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I have a report with 2 subreports. If there are no records in one of these subreports, nothing shows up but it still inserts a blank page in the report where the subreport should be. I have no page breaks that i know about. I would really like it to not do this, as i will eventually have 6 or 7 subreports, most of which will not have data very often.

More info: The database prints instructions for manufacturing different parts. We have several parts that have different sets of measurements, so I have different reports for each type of part. I use these reports as the subreports in my main order report. Since I never know what will be on what order, I stick all the subreports in the report that is run, creating numerous blank pages.

Oh...I am a self-taught noob, so any help will be appreciated. Dhookum, help!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back