Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
Have a customer with MICS 6.0 PRI and call pilot 100. I set OLI to show the hunt group's 866-xxx-xxxx number, but when I try to call long distance I get the message: cannot call this number from this phone?? When I remove OLI it works fine.. Any ideas??? The other phones have did's set to OLI and they work fine.

I think that OLI will only work if the OLI field entry is a valid retained DN in the PRI. Your 866# must be terminated on a local number, or a DID. That number (212-345-6789) will work in the OLI but not 866-xxx-xxxx. It would be like trying to fill the OLI field with a bogus string of digits to disguise your calling # if you were a collection agency or a tele-marketing firm

Are you using account codes from a LD carrier that requires the OLI to be captured in their switch for authorization? If so they may be able to put the HG # in to allow calling. You may have to modify your Public DN length as well.

DueE

Another wrinkle is if your carrier will allow you to transmit the number. If your carrier isn't screening, you should be able to. Name lookup by the far end will be a crapshoot, tho... did some fairly extensive testing with one of my carriers, and we got the number to 'send' reliably, but couldn't get the receiving telco's to do the name lookup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back