Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLEdrop Grid w/ComboBox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsjames

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
US
[Using VFP9]

Form deactivates (will not re-activate) when clicking on combobox item, and then drag/drop from listbox to grid.

For testing purposes, I created a simple form. Adding a listbox, grid, and combo box. After populating the controls with differing tables, I am able to drag/drop without issue from the listbox to the grid. However, if I click an item from the combo box [first] and then, drag/drop from the listbox to the grid, the form deactivates/loses focus and will not re-activate.

Would very much appreciate assistance.

Have you used the Event Tracker to see exactly what's firing?

Tamar

Thus far, I can tell the OLEDragDrop method fires. Beyond that, I am unable to determine the state of the program.

Just to provide some closure here, wsjames and I ended up discussing this offline. His problem appears to have been a bug in the original VFP 9 SP2. He didn't see the problem in SP1 and when he added the hot fixes to SP2, it went away.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back