Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OleDbDataAdapter control missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2007
US
I was trying to go through this tutorial on how to connect access dbs with vb.net apps but when it says got to data and drag and drop my OleDbDataAdapter control it isnt on the data list of controls.

i got to part 3 of "Retrieve data from the Access database by using the OleDbDataAdapter class"

Anyone know what happened here? i tried google but couldnt figure anything out with it.

Tools > Choose Toolbox Items..
check required controls there.
They are under "System.Data.OleDb" Namespace.

Hi,
I have exactly this problem. Breaking my head trying to figure it out. All the turorials on the web use features from the visual - droppable - dataAdaptor. Yes , I am using VisualStudio 2005. I came across somewhere that in that case, you are supposed to drag and drop a tbale to the form. That did not work for me.
Did you find a solution? Help much appreciated.
Thanks

Yup, I have been implementing it by coding, just cannot use the visual controls. So anyone else seen this behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back