Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE Server Error in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyotko

Technical User
Jan 17, 2004
US
The expression OnChange you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occured while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE Server or ActiveX Control.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, user defined function, or [Event Procedure].
* Threr may have been a problem evaluating the function, event, or macro.

Here is the Event Procedure:

Private Sub cboPartNum_AfterUpdate()
' There is no code in the procedure
End Sub

I have check out both the Microsoft knowledge base and the Symatec web sites and have disabled Norton Internet Security and Antivirus completely. I get the same error on two computers - unfortunately they are running the same configuration.

Any ideas out there?

Just saw a thread that mentions the same error message in Access, might want to follow it. Subject says OnClick problem but sounds like the same problem you are having.

thread68-544611

I posted followups to the OnClick message. Norton antivirus can cause this problem. as far as adding code goes. I had code in the procedure and removed it line by line to see if the error would go away - it doesn't.

The actual code would simply increment a number in another text box.

It only occurs on events triggered from within a subform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back