Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE registration error in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgebhart

Instructor
Dec 22, 2000
US
I have tried everything I know to do with this. The problem started with Norton Anti-virus 6. The customer tried to install it, but did not read the instructions on uninstalling all components of the old before installing the new. They stopped the installation. Ever since then Outlook will not come completely up. It shows everything but when you click on the close button it completely closes Outlook.

Outlook will not come up without this error and it has the big RED X, thus not letting me in at all.

"OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup Again."

I have taken everything out of the registry pertaining to Norton/Symantec. Norton has been completely uninstalled, including liveupdate. I have tried the repair, the reinstall, etc. on MS Office Premium.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Please tell me how to correct it. HELP! ggebhart@clover.net
I hope I never get too old or arrogant to learn something new!

Hi! What version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2000 requires express--outlook express missing can cause this problem. Did you remove express? If so, you can try to reinstall express by reinstalling IE5 from the office 2000 CD. Put in the office 2000 disk 1 and go to the ie5 folder. Run the ie5setup. That will install IE5 (will have to do the tools/windows update in IE for updates) and express.

Yes it is Outlook 2000. I did not remove outlook express but I'm not sure they have 5.0. I'll check that out in the morning.

Thanks,

Lori ggebhart@clover.net
I hope I never get too old or arrogant to learn something new!

I have had the same problem, tried repairing & reinstalling office. Tried the office SR1 service pack which has done nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jason.

I had the same problem. I removed outlook express and re-added it using the cd. This solved the problem.

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back