Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE Error 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tziviak

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
US
I have a report-in which I have an OLE object-from microsoft word-but the ole object doesn't show up when I preview the report-and I get this error:

A problem occured while microsoft access was communicating with the ole server.
Try one or more of the following:
*Make sure you're connectd to the network server where the OLE server application is located.
*Closed the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access.
*Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that its's registered.

This computer isn't part of a network-its a stand-alone pc-I tried uninstalling and reinstalling office xp. What can be the problem?
thank you

thank you -it was norton that caused the errors-who would have thought???

Ok...here's a continuation question. I've run into this same problem, but I'm running Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition across a Novel server. I can't find a mechanism (anywhere in the AntiVirus manager screen or the AntiVirus client setup) to disable script blocking. The Symantec web site is also useless. Anyone know a fix for me?

-Patrick

Nine times out of ten, the simplest solution is the best one.

I am having this same error and I disabled script checking in Norton Anti-Virus System Works 2002 and I also disabled the checking of Office documents. (I have office 2003). Any other reasons I can be getting this error?

Thank you,

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back