Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ole Error Code 0x80040154

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFritz

Programmer
Sep 27, 2015
PH
Hi, i have a program automatically running on the server based on schedule.
However, it shows Ole Error Code 0x80040154 Class is not registered(w/o error number).
The program runs in other server without any problem.
I have already registered Comctl32.ocx and MSComct2.ocx.

Please help since I cant find a solution to this long problem.

Thanks in advance!

Is this a Visual FoxPro application?

Best Regards,
Scott
ATS, CDCE, CTIA, CTDC

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

did you register them as Administrator?

Ez Logic
Michigan

If a normal ActiveX control is missing, you get Errer 1434. Also Comctl32.ocx and MSComct2.ocx are not the only ocxes, any activex control in any ocx or dll can cause such errors.

As you have a rather sepcific ole error the problem rather could be something missing or not full or not properly installed, or not supported in the current OS, eg that was the case with Ink controls.

Googling the error you have, I find it could be related to ATL.DLL, a support library for OLE itself. That might play a role, if your app is Visual studio 6 based, eg VFP6 based.

Does This KB article help, perhaps?

Bye, Olaf.

This is VFP 8 application.
The error was encountered in the line below:

Code:
msg = create('jobmsg','Please wait while preparing data for processing.','This may take several minutes.')

What weird about this is that prior functions has no problem dealing with that same code.
The applications runs on Windows Server 2008 with issue.
No issue in Windows XP Professional x64 server.

I also registered MsComct2.ocx and Comctl32.ocx as Administrator but still ole error encountered.

Thanks everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.

You must dig deeper, there is no native Create() function in VFP, so the code called here can contain any kind of form and activex control involve in creating or displaying or logging that message.
The OLE error code clearly indicates there is some OLE involvement here, if not a control then any OLE Server or COM class, so there is no way you just have a foxpro problem.

I also already said there are more than the two OCX files in existance and the KB article even points to a OLE subsystem error very genereically causing problems with ANY Ole registration of OLE classes using the ATL libraries.

Bye, Olaf.

I think Create() is a valid function equivalent to CreateObject().
I'm still looking for the solution.
Thanks for the help.

That can indeed be the shorthand for Createobject, then look into the jobmsg class definition, there has to be some OLE involvement. If jobmsk is a container or form it can be anything within that class, it can be some OLE class or server used in some control used on jobmsg or used during its own or one of it subobjects initialisation. There's lot's of things going on even before the first line of init code runs, sub objects and properties are set, expressions you set in properties are evaluated, etc. and so the error handler may report this line of code erroring, but it's something in the initialisation failing, which is very typical for a missing control.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back