Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE error 1429 on a VFP web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRunnerOz

Programmer
Aug 22, 2000
AU
Hi all:

Short version...
We are migrating VFP apps to an Windows 2003 server then to a 2016 server.
I have installed and tested one 2003 server successfully. The second 2003 server returns this error:

Error: 1429 - OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from WSDLReader: WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied
HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function.
- WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
- Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: Access is denied.
HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function.
- WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
- Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

The installation files are exactly the same on both servers.
Permissions are identical.

I had a similar 1429 error when installing another web service. The dlls were not registered.
This time I made sure the dlls were registered.

I have googled the first line of the error but cannot find "Access is denied" anywhere.

Any hints would be appreciated

Thanks

Michael Ouellette

Wel0l,

1. Even when you have a COM/OLE DLL, when VFP reports OLE errors, they happen in OLE objects the VFP code uses. They all have eror number 1429. but they can have vastly different reasonss.
2. The error message reads "...from [highlight #FCE94F]WSDLReader[/highlight]: WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is: [highlight #FCE94F]Access is denied[/highlight]

This means what it says:
a) VFP uses WSDLReade
b) That reader has Access denied to an XML file it wants to parse.

Look up what you have at hand from the vendor of this component, don't just copy over a DLL and register it. You should either have a setup or instructions what to do. But these are as important as the filea in the installation folder itself, and maybe some more runtimes files, when they were installed into the system folder.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke Software Engineering

Thanks Olaf:

I knew it would be you answering. Last time you helped with a similar issue.
Instructions? Ha! The web service was created 15 years ago and all I basically have is the installation scripts.
I used the same scripts on both servers but only one works.
I'll check on WSDLReader next week when I'm back on board.
Thanks

Michael Ouellette

If all you have is a script (cmd file?) then this has to run elevated.

But the error doesn't point out a problem of installation, it points out a problem of usage.
Configuration of access permissions to a folder of XML processed by the COM Server.

If this VFP COM Server, for example, is used in the IIS context (ie providing or being a web service, not consuming one), then this folder in question has to grant access to the IIS windows account. In short you might have nothing more than a folder permission problem.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke Software Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back