Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OLE DB Connection to Pervasive

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnEfford

Programmer
May 24, 2002
GB
I have the following connection string in VB which works OK.

Cn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=Fops;Location=Fops1"

I want my users to be able to be able to query the the Parvasive db from within SQL server (version 7), they need to have access two tables stored on both db systems. I have tried the following two methods;

Code:
Select * From openrowset('PervasiveOLEDB','Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source=Fops;Location=Fops1','Select * From Order_Header')

Which returns the error:

Code:
Server: Msg 7303, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB provider 'PervasiveOLEDB'. 
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Errors occurred]
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Mode, Protection Level, or an unknown parameter has been set (incorrectly) in the connection string]

or by setting up a link on the server

Code:
EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 
	@server = 'FOPS1', 
	@srvproduct = 'Pervasive',
	@provider = 'PervasiveOLEDB', 
	@datasrc = 'FOPS'

Select * from openquery(Fops1,'Select * from Order_Header')

Which gives the following error.

Code:
Server: Msg 7413, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Could not perform a Windows NT authenticated login because delegation is not available.
[code]

I have seen a post for doing this using an ODBC connection but I wold prefer to use OLE DB as pervasives documentation states that this is the faster of the two access methods. 
Any Comments appreciated.

I'm not sure if this will help as we've only accessed pervasive from a DSN via VB however this is the connection string that we use:

"Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=" & strDSNName

I hope this is some help

Does anybody have a connection string to pervasive that works from SQL sever? Even using ODBC as this one is really stumping me.

Cheers

I'm looking for a correct connection string working from Sql Server...

Try using microsoft data link - it will build you a string based on what you want to do

Yes it's done but how have the string based ??

When I use microsoft data link to create a connection string and then open the file in notepad I get the following:

[oledb]
; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=Commercial

The line that begins with 'Provider' is what I use for the connection string.

Hope it helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back