Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Older version, need to reset from earlier date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacesmith

Technical User
Nov 11, 2008
US
Collective wisdom:
So, I am charged with entering in all the inventory, after freezing items, etc.
When I went to see how far we had to go, and prioritize the big dollar items to reconcile, I accidentally updated the wrong thing.
The Physical Count Variance Register tells you what to find, and since I accidentally updated it, it acts like we lost half of the inventory.
There seems to be no real means of reversing this, nor can we 'back up' to the last date.
Any ideas on correcting this colossal mistake?
thanks!

Do you backup your data regularly? I would restore from backup and do it right.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Do a transaction entry adjustment and just adjust it back in on same date.

Won't work.
I didn't update G/L, but it still only gives us a useful backup date of the 12th...too far back.
Updating the variance register is the same as unfreezing items from the inventory point of view.
The backup on the 19th seems to not work, but I still wonder if daily parts usage is holding us up.
Anyway, I'm back to entering everything manually, by adding lines to a blank physical count worksheet.
ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back