Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old VSR Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang971

Programmer
Jun 21, 2006
US

I have a school with a nortel option switch and a VSR VoiceCentre 5.0d Voicemail system. School is low on funds so right now replacement is out of the question. Also the vsr has a bridge emulator to emulate the digital phone for the ports on the voice mail. Once a month or so the voicemail goes down,. What happens is that nobody can send any messages to any box. (Like their full) However in the admin screen you can see that all the Class of Services get corrupted to where there are smileyfaces and other symbols in their COS Name, and when that happens the voicemail reaches the box then sees what COS its in and if it has one of the smileyface ones it doesnt work. I have an old COS file on their computer that I then have to rename as the current one and replace,etc. gets them back up again. Have replaced the v.m. software (with exact same version however) and defragged and scandisk of hard drive. Cannot figure out just WHAT is causing this, anybody else run into this with the old VSR's?????????

I had a VSR do odd things many years ago. It turned out that one of the fans which kept the system cool had tied up and the heat build-up caused odd problems such as those you describe.

I agree with the above post that RAM could be a problem too. Run memtest86+ ( and let it run for at least one full cycle throught all the tests. If it fails, try:
Take the cover off of the box and see if it runs fine.
Replace the RAM.
Try another power supply.

-Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back