Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Type - DC2120 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaport

MIS
Jan 5, 2000
US
I have two old types - Data Cartridge DC2120 - with some data on it. I have no idea how to get the data out. Could someone tell me what kind of drive I need to use to get the data out, as well as what kind of shops that provide the service helping me getting the data out?

Thanks in advance.

Seaport

This is from one of the 120mb floppy controller based tape drives. One was Jumbo. Archive made one. HP made one.
Not sure, but possibility that the Travan drives could handle them.
But having the drives is only part of the story, you also need the driver software. And at the time they were built, they ran under DOS or Win3.1.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Ed,

I did not think about the software side of the problem. Thanks for your information.

Seaport

Just so happens I have a couple of tape decks that
can read the DC2120 tapes.
If there is some way to contact me I can get one to you.
If you pay the shipping. Or maybe I can get one setup
and read your data.
The rules are I am no allowed to post my address.
Maybe if you contact the web master he has a solution.
luck tom

You could temporarily modify your profile with enough info to point to your email address. But you do it in such a way that it isn't a valid one or you potentially get spammed.
I suspect that management prefers that the addresses stay off the site to keep from getting trolled.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Hi, Tom,

I appreciate your offer. I just got the paper copy of all data (C++ code) on the type. As I have to overhaul the 10-year old program anyway, I do not think it is worthwile to take the data out of the type.

Thanks again.

Seaport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back