Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

old silent type film thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnie17

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
GB
Hi I'm making a video on Premiere for my school course. I want to make it look like an old silent type movie, a sort of Nosforatu in sepia with dropped frames and scratches all over it . I saw something similar on TV last week where a new film clip was made to look old on a documentary. Has anyone got any top tips for me? Cheers!!!

in you video effects folder you should have Quicktime, drag it to your clip and select COLOR TINT /sepia
Quicktime also has FILM NOISE /hairs& scratches or dust and film fading

These should give the desired effect
Greg C

good advice.. id there a way in premiere to make it look like theres been dropped frames and shakiness?

u can always export it to a sequence of images, delete some and then import the ones u have left and do a avi of that

I might be mistaken, but I think the film scratch and noise effect in Quicktime'll do that, too.

And if you crappify the sound and add hiss and pops, that'll be nice.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

If you can, get a hold of a plugin called "FilmFX"; it will do everything you want it to for the folm look; very easy to use. Take care.

regards,

Joe.

You know, I'm all for digital film effects -- I think they can look quite nifty.

But they still look like digital film effects.

A group of people I know decided they wanted an old film look to a movie they were making. So they went out and bought a couple of old 8mm cameras and 8mm film and shot the darn thing in 8mm.

Now that looked like film.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back